The amendment to subsection 55(2) in 2015 has significantly broadened the reach of the provision to all types of actual and deemed inter-corporate dividends. As a result, computing and maintaining safe income on hand of corporations has suddenly become an invaluable tax risk management tool, since inter-corporate dividend paid from safe income on hand is excluded from the application of subsection 55(2).
Kim G C Moody and Kenneth Keung will be hosting a webinar on Thursday, March 23, 2017, on the topic of safe income and the presentation will include:
• A review of the history and policy rationale of safe income and safe income on hand;
• What is safe income and related jurisprudence;
• Relevant time period for safe income;
• Understanding the concept of safe income on hand, and common computational adjustments;
• Basic safe income on hand allocation concepts, and identify uncertainty and gray areas.
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. MDT
Price: $165.00 CAD
Please register by noon MDT on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.