Presented by: Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP (Director, Canadian Tax Advisory) and Elan Harper MBA (Tax Advisor).
Over the last 30 months or so, entrepreneurs in Canada have been bombarded with complex tax changes including; significant increased personal tax rates, changes to subsection 55(2) that dramatically impact cash movements between corporations, small business deduction amendments and most recently the July 18, 2017 private corporation tax proposals. An unprecedented number of Canadians are considering becoming a non-resident of Canada for income tax purposes. While many may not be able to do so, some citizens have already taken the plunge with many more expected. Accordingly, on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP and Elan Harper MBA will be presenting a webinar on the following:
- A detailed review of Canada’s “departure tax” regime.
- A basic review of the factors that Canada will consider when determining residency or non-residency status for income tax purposes.
- Managing departure tax liability.
- Planning to reduce departure tax exposure.
- Managing exposure to possible double taxation after becoming a non-resident.
- Unwinding departure tax for returning Canadians.
Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. MDT
Investment: $150 (tax included), non-refundable.
Who should attend: We encourage all entrepreneurs and their advisors to participate in this webinar as it will be geared to a wider audience to inform as many business owners as possible.
Please register by midnight on Tuesday, October 10, 2017.