Jeff is big on teaching. With more than 30 years of experience, he engages clients by distilling complex tax planning matters down to their essence and explaining them in simple terms. Jeff helps clients determine their non-tax and tax goals, uncovering where they want to go, then develops strategic plans tailored to their unique situation. This creative yet straightforward method lends well to his work with cross-border tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Jeff’s get-up-and-go nature means he’s always willing to lend his skills and go the distance, from mentoring team members to his active involvement in the community (not to mention running half marathons). He is a Director of Vertigo Theatre Society (and upcoming Vice Chair) and CFO for the Wildrose Calgary-Elbow constituency association and is a trusted resource for younger professionals on our team.
- Chartered Accountant (Alberta), 2000
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois), 1997
- Chartered Accountant (British Columbia), 1987
- BASc (Chemical Engineering), University of British Columbia, 1984
Speaking engagements and presentations
- Presenter – Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Calgary, AB
- Presenter – Canadian Bar Association Calgary Branch, Calgary, AB
- Presenter – Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, Calgary, AB
- Director – Vertigo Theatre Society, Calgary, AB
- CFO – Wildrose Calgary-Elbow constituency association, Calgary, AB
- Past Treasurer – Alberta Ballet, Calgary, AB
- Past Treasurer – Calgary Opera, Calgary, AB