Do you understand what the July 18, 2017 private corporation tax proposals mean for your business or for your clients?
Complimentary information session presented by: Moodys Gartner Tax Law with Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP (Director, Canadian Tax Advisory), Greg Gartner CA, MBA, LLB, QC (Director, Canadian Tax Law; Barrister and Solicitor), Marsha-Laine Dungog JD, LLM (Director, US Tax Law), Roy A Berg JD, LLM, (Director, US Tax Law; Barrister and Solicitor).
Invitation for VA Angels and TEC Canada. Non-transferrable.
On July 18, 2017, the Government of Canada released tax proposals that will have a dramatic effect on the taxation of private corporations and their shareholders. These untoward proposals represent some of the most punishing tax changes for entrepreneurs in the last 50 years. The consultation period for these proposals is very short and ends on October 2, 2017. Although many organizations are pushing for an extension of the consultation period, there is no guarantee it will occur.
Moodys Gartner Tax Law will be holding a complimentary information session with wine and appetizers at Ranchmen’s club Thursday October 12, 2017. This information session is geared towards private corporations, their shareholders, and any of their advisors. It is important that individuals potentially affected by these proposals become aware of the possible consequences and learn what their next steps should be.
Topics that will be covered in the information session are:
- Proposed taxation changes to income splitting and capital gains deduction rules;
- Proposed taxation changes to the accumulation of passive assets/income in a private corporation;
- Proposed taxation changes to the conversion of otherwise taxable dividends to capital gains;
- Are these proposed changes necessary to achieve “fairness”?
- What should you do as a result of these proposals?
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017
710 13th Ave SW
Time: 5 – 7 p.m. MDT
- 5:00 – 5:30 Check-in and networking
- 5:30 – 5:40 Meet the Directors at Moodys Gartner
- 5:40 – 6:40 Presentation by Kim Moody
- 6:40 – 7:00 Q & A with Directors from Moodys Gartner
Registration: Online through Eventbrite
Please register by midnight on Monday, October 9, 2017. Information session subject to capacity.