Given significant increased tax rates for the “wealthy,” an unprecedented number of Canadians are considering becoming a non-resident of Canada for income tax purposes. While many may not be able to do so, some Canadians have already taken the plunge, with many more expected. Accordingly, on Wednesday, June 22, 2016, Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP and Roy A Berg JD LLM (US Tax) will be presenting a webinar on the following material:
- A detailed review of Canada’s “departure tax” regime
- A basic review of the factors that Canada will consider when determining residency or non-residency status for income tax purposes
- Managing departure tax liability
- Planning to reduce departure tax exposure
- Managing exposure to possible double taxation after becoming a non-resident
Date: June 22, 2016
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. MST
Cost: $165 (tax included), non-refundable.
Please register by midnight MST on Tuesday, June 21, 2016.