On October 3, 2016, the Department of Finance released a package of technical amendments to the Canadian principal residence taxation rules aimed at “…protecting the financial security of Canadians, supporting the long-term stability of the housing market and improving the integrity and fairness of the tax system, including ensuring the principal residence exemption is available only in appropriate cases.”
Kim G C Moody will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, which will discuss the impact of the measures on homeowners and taxpayers in Canada and will include:
- A review of the October 3 Department of Finance proposed amendments to the utilization of the principal residence exemption;
- Changes to the Canada Revenue Agency’s administrative position on reporting dispositions of principal residences;
- The impact of the new legislation on trusts and their beneficiaries utilizing the principal residence exemption;
- Whether the new legislation will impact how personal use property residences should be held (including U.S. or other foreign property);
- Changes to the reassessment period to the extent real property dispositions are not reported; and
- Other impacts that the new legislation and CRA administrative position will have for property owners.
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. MDT
Cost: $165 (tax included), non-refundable.
Please register by midnight MDT on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.