On Tuesday, May 10, 2016, Roy A Berg JD, LLM (US TAX) and Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP will be presenting a webinar on selling US real estate in light of rising US real estate prices and the recent devaluation of the Canadian dollar relative to the US dollar. This session will include discussion on the following considerations:
- Impact of decline of the Canadian dollar if you borrowed to purchase property
- Paying tax on gains and the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA)
- Sale of US real estate owned in a cross-border trust
- Sale of real estate owned in a Canadian corporation
- Example calculations of the computation of Canadian and US income tax liabilities
- Deductible foreign exchange losses
- Double taxation risks
Date: May 10, 2016
Time: 10:00 – 11:15 AM MST
Investment: $165 (tax included)
Who should attend: Residential homeowners and their advisors
Please register by midnight MST on Monday, May 9, 2016.
For more in-depth information, visit our US real estate knowledge portal.