The tax rules for charitable giving continue to evolve in Canada and can be quite complex. For the philanthropically inclined, it is important to ensure tax considerations are carefully mapped out when crafting estate plans. On Monday, September 19, 2016, join Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP, Marsha-laine Dungog JD LLM and special guest, Malcolm Burrows, Head of Philanthropic Advisory Services at Scotia Wealth Management™ as they present a complimentary 90-minute webinar on the following topics:
- Which new tax rules affect the Canadian resident when designing tax efficient charitable giving?
- The new “graduated rate estate” regime and its impact on testamentary giving;
- The elimination of the direct donation of Canadian real estate and private company shares exemption proposals… is this the end of the story?
- Provincial governments’ tax policy impacts…..what’s new?
- The US citizen who are residents of Canada – tax considerations on both sides of the border.
- Private foundations vs. other alternatives.
Date: September 19, 2016
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. MST
Please register by midnight MST on Friday, September 16, 2016.