Presented by: Kim G C Moody FCA, TEP (Director, Canadian Tax Advisory) and Kenneth Keung CA, CPA (CO, USA), TEP, CFP, MTAX, LLB (Director, Canadian Tax Advisory).
On July 18, 2017, the Government of Canada released tax proposals that will have a dramatic effect on the taxation of private corporations and their shareholders. These untoward proposals represent some of the most punishing tax changes for entrepreneurs in the last 50 years. The consultation period for these proposals is very short, and ends on October 2, 2017. Although many organizations are pushing for an extension of the consultation period, there is no guarantee it will occur.
Due to overwhelming demand from people outside of Calgary and Edmonton, Moodys Gartner Tax Law will be holding a live webinar geared towards private corporations, their shareholders, and any of their advisors. It is important that individuals potentially affected by these proposals become aware of the possible consequences and learn what their next steps should be.
Topics that will be covered in the Webinar are:
- Proposed taxation changes to income splitting and capital gains deduction rules;
- Proposed taxation changes to the accumulation of passive assets/income in a private corporation;
- Proposed taxation changes to the conversion of otherwise taxable dividends to capital gains;
- Are these proposed changes necessary to achieve “fairness”?
- What should you do as a result of these proposals?
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017
Time: 9 – 10:45 a.m. MDT
Investment: $10.00 including tax (All net proceeds to Project Warmth)
Who should attend: We encourage all entrepreneurs and their advisors to participate in this webinar as it will be geared to a wider audience to inform as many business owners as possible.
Please register by midnight on Thursday, August 31, 2017.